5/1/10

The Bat Heard 'Round The World


A new month, a new theme. This month is a celebration of the Negro Leagues. My family and I recently visited the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum here in Kansas City. Even though I live here, I had never paid a visit. When we went, I instantly fell in love with the game, the stories and the players. Incredible and powerful history.
Today we have the great Jackie Robinson. He played briefly in the leagues. (Kansas City Monarchs) He went on to become the first African American to play in Major League Baseball.
I hope you enjoy this month's theme. If you can, pay a visit to the museum. I plan on many repeated trips.
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome. Can't wait to see more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother you are too cool for breakin' all the rules! Thanks for saluting such a rich and inspiring history of sports.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve - Killer stuff, looking forward to your Negro Leagues work. I'm writing about Jackie's season with the Monarchs at my blog here: http://jwtm1945.blogspot.com/ Do you mind if I post this picture of Jackie at my blog? I'll point my readers to your site. Cheers, Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaron,
    Thank You! I wouldn't mind at all.

    ReplyDelete